Register now for PESC-3: A bottom-up contribution of European and Central Asian experts to the IntergovernmentalPlatform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) – Deadline 30 April 2016.
We would like to draw your attention to the 3rd Pan-European IPBES Stakeholder Consultation (PESC-3) that will take place from 14-16 June 2016 in Leipzig, Germany. The deadline for registration is 30 April 2016.
Objectives of this conference are to inform participants about current developments in and around IPBES, to strengthen the capacities for IPBES stakeholder engagement across the ECA region, and to deliver comments on the first order draft of the IPBES Regional Assessment for Europe and Central Asia to IPBES.
Among the presenters are:
- Marine Elbakidze, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, LA of ECA Assessment
- Joseph Settele, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, CLA of Pollination Assessment
- Laurence Perianin, IPBES Programme Officer at the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Anna Varga, Centre for Ecological Research Vácrátót
- Cosmas Kombat, IPBES Young Fellow, University of Bayreuth
- Felice van der Plaat, Programme Management Officer, IPBES Secretariat
- Hilde Eggermont, IPBES National Focal Point of Belgium, Royal Belgian Institute for Natural Sciences
For more details, please visit the conference website at: http://www.biodiversity.de/index.php/ipbes/nefo-aktivitaeten-zu-ipbes/workshops/pesc-3
PESC-3 is organized by the German Network and Forum for Biodiversity Research (NeFo) in cooperation with the Fondation pour la Recherche sur la Biodiversité (FRB), the Belgium Biodiversity Platform, the Swiss Biodiversity Forum and the Portuguese IPBES Platform. The conference is sponsered by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Additional resources were provided by the Swiss Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN).
Feel free to distribute this information within your networks.
If you have any questions regarding PESC-3 or if you don’t wish to receive further emails on this matter, please send an email to