The Bartlett Development Planning Unit (DPU), UCL, has the pleasure of inviting you to our 60th Anniversary Conference, 2-4 July 2014. The conference is the highlight of a year of celebrations marking the DPU’s 60 years of education, training, research, consultancy and knowledge sharing in urban and regional development policy and planning in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
A range of speakers drawn from academia, practice and community organisation will be brought together with DPU staff, past and present, students, alumni, and others to deliberate on critical issues that guide our work in development planning. The themes of the conference are:
* A future for urban development planning? Approaches to urban inequality and informality in cities of the global south.
* Participation and contested practices in urban design and planning: rights, needs and urban imaginaries.
* Re-imagining socio-environmental trajectories of change: Radical practices and approaches to environmental planning and governance.
* Forging new relationships in governance and planning: the state, market and society in a post economic crisis world.
* Gender, intersectionality and socially just futures: Planning in an era of social polarisation.
* Positioning planning learning in an urbanizing world: the challenge of practitioner formation and the co-production of knowledge.
* Urban Development and development assistance.
The conference will take place at UCL and the British Medical Association. For more information and to register your place (early bird rates still apply!) please see the poster attached or visit: