As the ESEE, we have been holding elections during the last month for the terms of office of the ESEE President, 2 Vice-Presidents and 3 Board Members. This year we unfortunately had no nominees for the open position of a second student representative and hence did not run a separate election in parallel for Student Representative.
101 members of the 274 ESEE members in 2015 voted, so that the 20% quorum was fulfilled.
As announced on the ESEE website (https://www.ecolecon.eu/governance/esee-elections/), we had 3 candidates standing for the open positions of ESEE President and 2 Vice-Presidents for the term 2016-2018. We asked whether ESEE members support these candidates for the respective positions and here are the results.
1. Irene Ring | Candidate for Presidency | 91% Yes; 9% Abstain
2. Tom Bauler | Candidate for Vice-Presidency| 73% Yes; 8% No; 19% Abstain
3. Erik Gómez-Baggethun | Candidate for Vice-Presidency | 88% Yes; 5% No; 7% Abstain
We had 4 candidates for the 3 Board Member positions available, again for the term 2016-2018. Therefore, we kindly invited ESEE members to vote for up to a maximum of 3 candidates. Results are as follows:
1. Juha Hiedanpää | Candidate for Board Member | 57%
2. Daniel O’Neill | Candidate for Board Member | 61%
3. Begum Ozkaynak | Candidate for Board Member | 85%
4. Lenka Slavíková | Candidate for Board Member| 50%
According to these results, Juha Hiedanpää and Begum Ozkaynak have been reelected and Daniel O’Neill is our new Board Member.
We would like to cordially thank all nominees and ESEE members who took part in the elections and congratulate all candidates who have been elected.
On behalf of the election committee,
Begum Ozkaynak, ESEE Secretary