The International Academy of Sports Science and Technology (AISTS) is a center of continuing education, applied research and expertise based in Lausanne, the ‘Olympic Capital’. AISTS benefits fr
om a unique network of experts, both academic and from the field. It is founded by the International Olympic Committee, IMD business school, EPFL, University of Lausanne, University of Geneva, IDHEAP, Ecole Hôteliere de Lausanne, City of Lausanne and Canton of Vaud. AISTS generic viagra online takes a multidisciplinary approach to deal with the complexities of sport, integrating knowledge from management, economics, technology, law, sociology and medicine.We are searching for an Expert to operate our centre “Sustainable Sport and Event” and manage projects in this area. The centre conducts applied research and provides continuing education courses and expertise in the area of sustainable development applied to sport, in particular to sport event. You will be responsible for acquiring and conducting projects, studies, applied researches, creating and carrying out advisory mandates, in particular for large sport events (Olympic Games, world championships …). You
will develop and teach educational content. Included is also responsibility for the preparation and publication of all AISTS research, reports, and communication in this field. The, the “Sport Sustainable and Event Toolkit (SSET), co-developed by the centre with Vancouver 2010, is used by many international sport organizations worldwide.
- University degree in one or more of the following areas: sustainable development, environmental science, material science, management, sport management, law, international relations, commerce, economy, entrepreneurship. PhD level recommended.
- Good comprehension of sport events is a plus.
- Prior industry and/or consultancy experience and/or scientific research in the field of sustainable development.
- Mother tongue or professional level of English (written and spoken). Professional level of French recommended.
- Third language is a plus, in particular Portuguese.
- Ability to conduct research and integrate the knowledge from multiple disciplines (management, economics, technology, law, sociology and medicine). Excellent knowledge of research methodology is a must.
- Ability to anticipate problems and propose solutions.
- Organised, self-motivated, conscientious, independent, flexible, analytical and practical.
- Excellent knowledge of office software (MS-Office and Adobe) and statistical tools.
- Flexibility to work some evenings, weekends and travel abroad.
- Diplomacy, tact and discretion. Keen sense of confidentiality.
- Team player both in terms of managing work flow and communicating with colleagues.
We offer a dynamic team environment that values sport, education and ethics. If you have a passion for sport, are interested in its research and education, have good business instincts and enjoy a fast-paced working environment, you are encouraged to apply. You will work on projects offering unique challenges and opportunities in cooperation with international sport organisations (IOC, International Federations, etc.), the public sector (city, state), academic institutions, as well as with experts in the field.
If you meet the above requirements, are Swiss or European, or have a valid Swiss work permit and would like to work at the AISTS, please send your resumé and your cover letter in English or French, outlining your interest to Dr Claude Stricker, AISTS Executive Director at email@example.com.
Salary range (yearly) is Frs 60’000 to Frs 90’000+ (CHF).
Location: EPFL campus, AISTS office, Lausanne, Switzerland. Starting date is between March 1st, 2012 and May 1st, 2012.