Position: Full-time Associate/Full Professor of Sustainability Analytics
Deadline: when suitable candidate is found
Location: Modul University, Vienna, Austria
Starting date: February/March 2024 (to be negotiated)
The position is integrated in the School of Sustainability, Governance, and Methods and the applicants are supposed to conduct cutting-edge research in the field of sustainability analytics and to teach in undergraduate, graduate and PhD courses offered in Vienna (see www.modul.ac.at/study-programs). This is a full‐time, unlimited contract position where applicants are prepared to work 40 hours per week.
The responsibilities include:
- Acquiring and conducting third-party funded national and international research projects with the aim to further develop their own research agenda in the interdisciplinary field of sustainability analytics.
- Teaching and conducting examinations independently in English at all levels (bachelor’s, master’s, Ph.D./doctorate, and executive education). The teaching load for this position is 5 units/week per semester (1 unit = 45 minutes of teaching), i.e., 10 units/week per year.
- Actively contributing to the development of Modul University’s various teaching programs.
- Supervision of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral theses.
- Participation in the self-governance of Modul University Vienna, which includes an active contribution to administrative and academic services and an active contribution to the university’s third mission.
- Venia docendi or foreign equivalent or an equivalent subject-relevant academic qualification
- Social science background with a focus in interdisciplinary sustainability science
- Evidence of outstanding research ability and potential, through a record of publications in top-tier journals and participation in relevant third party-funded national and/or international empirical research projects; the candidate is expected to submit a research portfolio including a list of the five most important peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience, competence and established commitment to high quality teaching, guidance in scientific work and supervision of PhD students; the candidate is expected to submit a teaching portfolio.
- Ability to teach courses in the fields such as sustainability analytics, environmental and ecological economics, interdisciplinary sustainability related subjects.
- Experience in successful acquisition, execution, and management of third-party funded research projects.
- Experience in interdisciplinary team collaboration.
- Activities in scientific networks like international professional societies and other research networks.
- Interpersonal skills including gender and diversity management skills, communication and team, and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and proficiency in German language is welcome and the willingness to learn German in the first two years.
Why join us?
- Cutting-edge and interdisciplinary research approach with dedicated support in research project acquisition
- Individual professional development
- An international, multicultural and diverse working environment
For questions related to this position, please contact sabine.sedlacek[at]modul.ac.at.
Please submit your complete application (in English; preferably as a single PDF file) including:
- Brief motivation letter indicating why you believe yourself being suitable for this position (max. 1-page A4)
- Curriculum vitae including ORCID and details of professional, teaching and research experience
- List of publications
- Teaching portfolio and a concept of your teaching approach
- Research portfolio and a list of the five most important peer-reviewed publications
About Modul University
As an employer, Modul University Vienna offers:
- Opportunities to work from home
- Flexible working hours
- International and dynamic team
- Personal and professional development
- Independent working environment
- Public transport ticket
Modul University Vienna is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to equality and diversity that does not discriminate on the basis of, among other factors, age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender or gender expression, national origin, race, sexual orientation, or social class. We especially encourage women and people who belong minority groups to apply and welcome all applications that can contribute to a diverse working culture.