Position: Assistant Professor in Ecological Economics
Institution: Colorado State University, Department of Human Dimensions of Natural Resources
We seek an innovative, transdisciplinary scholar in ecological economics or social-ecological systems science who will contribute to the ongoing development and administration of the Department’s research, teaching, and outreach programs at the Assistant Professor rank. This position will complement the Department’s focus on conservation social science through research excellence in priority areas like biodiversity and wildlife conservation, climate change, sustainability, and environmental justice. We welcome approaches or areas of focus including payments for ecosystem services, market systems, circular economy, nature valuation, bioeconomy, area-based conservation, and sustainable value chains, among others. The successful candidate must demonstrate, or show potential for creating, an internationally recognized research program aligned with one or more of the priority areas stated above, applying innovative quantitative or mixed methods. The successful candidate will teach courses in ecological economics and other related topics based on their expertise and the needs of the Department. Successful candidates will also demonstrate a commitment to increasing representation in STEM that aligns with Colorado State University’s Principles of Community and the Warner College of Natural Resources diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic priorities.
• PhD in ecological economics or related conservation social science field, or similar, by the anticipated start date.
• Demonstrated or potential for establishing an internationally recognized research program in areas such as ecological economics, social-ecological systems science, or similar fields
• Demonstrated or potential for excellence in developing and teaching on-campus and online coursework related to this position
• Demonstrated or potential for excellence in developing transdisciplinary and/or collaborative research and outreach with stakeholders in and beyond academia
• Demonstrated or potential for excellence in supporting the diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice goals of the Department, College, and University through past actions and future plans
• Demonstrated or potential for excellence in successfully preparing proposals and securing external funding to support research and outreach related to this position
• Demonstrated application and/or development of innovative analytical methods
The following application materials are required: CV, cover letter, research statement (2 page max), teaching statement (2 page max), diversity statement (1 page max), contact information for references, and unofficial transcripts. Applicants are encouraged to address each of the required and preferred qualifications explicitly in their cover letter and other materials.
Review of applications begins November 1, 2023, with an anticipated start date of August 2024.A background check for the finalist will be conducted before a final offer is made. CSU is an equal opportunity and equal access institution and affirmative action employer. Please contact the search chair, Jonathan Salerno (firstname.lastname@example.org), with questions.
A full job description and instructions to apply are available at jobs.colostate.edu/postings/134630.1