Get involved with ESEE! We are currently looking for a new Website and Social Media Manager. More information below:
ESEE Job Opening Website and Social Media Manager
The European Society for Ecological Economics (ESEE) is looking for a content manager for our website and social media channels. The job holder would regularly post news pertaining to ecological economics on the ecolecon.eu website (WordPress) as well as Twitter (@ESEEORG), Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Content is partially supplied by a virtual team (ESEE board members, country contact network, news sent in by ESEE members) and the job holder is highly encouraged to share news (e.g. pertaining to sustainability, environmental justice, degrowth, climate politics) and information (e.g. on conferences, job openings, publication opportunities) which they find relevant. Good English-language skills and interest in/familiarity with ecological economics are highly beneficial.
The position is part-time with an honorarium of €2000 per annum on a self-employed basis, paid in two instalments in arrears, and might be suited to improving the funds of a postgraduate student or early-career researcher.
The main tasks involve:
- Posting to ESEE website and social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, in order of relevance), content provided, and co-managing social media accounts, responding to social media posts
- Proofreading and editing posts to correct length
- Sourcing appropriate images to support posts, including using canva templates for new jobs and podcast episodes
- Formatting and mailing out the quarterly ESEE e-newsletter
- Advertising new website and newsletter items on social media
- Maintenance and administration of the website (WordPress)
- Contributing to further development and redesign of the website
We expect an appropriate candidate to be:
- An ESEE member, or willing to become a member
- Familiar with WordPress
- An active and experienced social media user
- Willing to respond rapidly to requests
- Fluent in written English
Ideally, the candidate would also have:
- A background in ecological economics or associated discipline
- A background in web or graphics design and/or communication
To apply, please send a CV (max. two pages) and cover letter (max. one page) outlining how you meet the characteristics above and including the Twitter handles of any accounts to which you contribute to Dr Anke Schaffartzik, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 23:59 CET, Monday, 17 Jul 2023.